BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 7, 2009

Could This Be L.O.V.E.?

I think it may be. And not some dumb crush or a one night love affair --- I think this may be the real deal.

We met at Starbucks yesterday after a series of e-mails back and forth. When I walked in, our eyes met across the coffee shop. I thought to myself --- this could be My Nanny.

Her name is Rosa. She is 31-years old, beat me to Starbucks (and I was 5 minutes early), was immaculately dressed, and she had a fat binder of every certificate she has ever earned (infant CPR, 0-3 program, and a Bachelor's in child development). A Binder. Be still my heart. She is bilingual. She knows and uses sign language. OMG.

I feared that she was out of my league. A career woman, looking for $20/hour and on her way to starring in next season's Supernanny. But no, she is willing to be flexible and she might be in my league after all.

I still need to check her references. We still need to discuss vacations, the definition of 'light housekeeping', and her view on watching sick babies --- but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I was tempted to have her name tatooed on my bicep today inside a heart shaped bottle, but I'm holding off. Don't rush it.

0 comments: