BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 5, 2010

If You Ask A Stupid Question,

you will definitely get a stupid answer.

Today Lucy and I were at a local museum and a very nice, but rather over-the-top, woman commented that Lucy is very tall (she isn't). Her own daughter was 6 months older than Lucy and half her length and girth -quite the petite flower. This woman could not get over Lucy's length and finally said, after peering at my ringless left hand, "Is her father really tall?".

The question hung in the air.

It was my moment of truth.

How do I answer this? Honesty is the best policy. Simply explain that Lucy doesn't have a father, but that our family sperm donor was indeed 6' feet tall and also had brown hair and eyes. After all, this is becoming a common practice. It's practically mainstream. Like ice cream and apple pie. Chevrolet. Franks and beans .... err, you know what I mean.

So I sat up tall in my seat and replied, "Yes, he is quite tall."

Simplicity trumps full disclosure.

0 comments: