BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sammy Davis Jr.

As of late, I've been feeling like Sammy Davis Jr.

How many short, black, Jewish guys who are blind in one eye are there in this world? One.

How many 40-year old single mothers who used gestational carriers are there in this world? Apparently, one.

This became all the more obvious to me when I attended a Mommy group last week. The other mothers were all 10 years younger, married, and had carried their own pregnancies (how bourgeois). They were talking about their birth experiences, breastfeeding, and how much their husbands help out around the house. As you can imagine, we didn't have a lot in common.

I had on yoga pants and a fitted shirt and I saw them glance at my comparatively flat stomach from time to time, with a "Are you freakin' kidding me??" expression. Okay, this was the one part I evilly enjoyed. Pilates girls, pilates.

Ahhhhhh. Maybe I should start my own Brat Pack.

0 comments: