BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Full

I'm loathe to admit that I'm one of those stupid women who has spent countless hours, weeks and months of my life worrying about losing 5 pounds. I've lost and gained the same 5-10 lbs at least 100 times in my life and have been on every diet plan from grapefruit to Weight Watchers. Embarrassing, I know.

Something unexpected has happened in the past few weeks --- and without an extra spin class, diet pills, protein loading, or cutting my glycemic index --- I've been losing weight. In fact, I've lost about 3 lbs in the past 3 weeks. This is big news in Diet Country.

Why the weight loss? A strange thing has happened lately. I'm just not that hungry. I'm certainly eating my three square every day, but I'm not really interested in munchies, multiple desserts or any of the usual suspects.

Why? The answer is surprising. I feel full. Not physically full so much - although I'm not hungry - but emotionally full. I feel that things are falling into place. I haven't seen all of the pieces of the puzzle, and I don't know what picture they'll form, but I know that the box in front of me contains all of the pieces and that it will be a beautiful picture.

Damn, I wonder if I can package this and sell in to Jenny Craig. There are millions to be made here...

0 comments: