BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Tear Down

This morning I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. Why, you ask? Because I'm buzzing on adrenaline 24/7.

Lets assume this is a kinahurra-free zone, which allows me to say that I feel like Life is heading in a really positive direction. In fact, yesterday as I was driving to work I started worrying about the baby project. High blood pressure-style worrying. Before I could rev it up above 140/80, I glanced up and saw a huge rainbow in the sky. I suddenly knew that everything would be okay and the fear instantly dissolved.

(Believe me, I know this last paragraph sounds very 'Strawberry Shortcake meets Holly Hobby', but I'm not kidding).

Now that my overall anxiety has lifted, it makes me realize how pervasive that anxiety once was. And if you're anxious all of the time, even if you're faking it fairly effectively, it seeps through your pores like yesterday's tequila chaser. You can smell it, other people can smell it, and it affects your performance in life. It can also lead to a massive hangover --- oh wait, thats just the tequila.

Back to this morning .... I had so much spare time that I took a walk over to my new condo. The entire kitchen has already been ripped out and cleared out. The closets have been ripped out. The place is a bit messy right now; but what I really see (aside from dust, dirt, and an old refrigerator in the living room) is a great foundation, a fresh start, and the potential for a brilliant future.

0 comments: