BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

100 Points of Right

I've spent the past decade of my life trying to be 'flexible', because I'm 'too picky', don't give guys a 'chance', and put 'too many things in quotations' (had to throw that in there). Seriously, this has been my mission for 10 damn years.

The Flexible Years are now officially over. I'm now all about the 100 Points of Right.

What does this mean, you ask? Well, its kind of like a vision board. You make a list of the top 100 things you're looking for in a guy. Ideally, the majority of these points would be substantive (e.g. smart, honest, kind). But with 100 points, there is also plenty of room for the more frivolous (e.g. strong hands, good gardener, quiet sleeper). You make the list and the guy appears in your life. Its that easy. Like amazon.com, only no shipping charges.

So I've scratched out the first 95 points on the back of my old vision board. This is the vision board I created a few years ago whose biggest picture is of a mother washing her baby in the kitchen sink. The next biggest picture is of a bright, white kitchen. After I created this vision board, I asked myself what the kitchen was all about. After all, I had no plans of moving or buying a new property. And yet here I am, just a few years later, washing my baby in the sink of my brand new white kitchen.

We'll see.

0 comments: