BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beautiful kidneys.

Is that the main verse of a love song, you ask? No, but maybe it should be. It is certainly music to my ears.

We had our Level II ultrasound this week and I can't tell you how amazing it was to see the structure of the brain, the chambers of the heart, the ossification of bones, a straight and perfect spine, 4 normal limbs, beautifully placed hands and feet.

With each new 'normal' report I felt like I'd hit the jackpot. Over and over again. With so many things that can go wrong, how lucky was I to have a baby with a totally normal ultrasound? Pretty damn lucky.

I sat there in the dark next to Vanessa, with silent tears running down my cheeks. She looks really pregnant now and is feeling movement all of the time. But I'm the one whose heart is skipping a beat.

22 more weeks and counting.

0 comments: