BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 26, 2009

40

I haven't spent much time in my life contemplating what I'd be doing at age forty; but if I had, I can tell you it wouldn't have been what was going on in my world this weekend.

Picture this: I threw a party for myself and invited my 15 closest friends from high school, college, and beyond. They traveled far and near to attend and were excited to finally meet each other, see my new home, and ring in a new decade with me.

When I sent out a 'Save the date' two months ago I thought that I would be moved into my new home. Of course I would!!!! Now picture a condo full of construction equipment, paint cans, sawdust and folding metal chairs borrowed from the clubhouse. I like to call it warehouse chic.

Everyone arrived, talked, took the tour, and drank the drinks. And then the Birthday Girl stood up and gave her own toast: To the friends who had been there for her during the tough times - failed relationships, parental separations and illnesses, very short pregnancies, miscarriages, surgeries, heartbreak and disappointment. To better times, a new decade, a new home and ....
a new life.

My gestational carrier arrived with her very pregnant belly and the special guest of the evening --- my daughter!

In a million years I could have never written this script. Never. But Plan B is turning out to be a beautiful story and I cannot wait to write the next chapter.

1 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations!!!! What fantastic news on a baby girl!!!