BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Birth Plan

My gestational carrier and I met a few weeks ago to discuss our 'birth plan'. We are now at 30 weeks (!) and are literally in countdown mode.

Reviewing the 'birth plan' was an interesting exercise for me. If you'd asked me about my ideal birth plan five short years ago, here is what I would have said: My loving husband and I will be there together for the delivery. We'll try natural childbirth, but I've got no problems with pain meds as needed. Yes, I plan to breast feed.

And here we are five years later. I'm a single mother-to-be living in a 2-bedroom condo on the water, trying to avoid sexy ex-cons, bad decisions and parties centered around me that include the word 'shower'. My gestational carrier's last birth experience lasted 45 minutes from first contraction to delivery, concluding in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Therefore, my birth plan reads as follows: she calls me on my cell phone. I throw on glasses and flip-flops - no time for a bra. Grab my keys and drag-race to the hospital -- hope my gestational carrier is there with the baby still in her.

And who says I can't be flexible?

0 comments: