BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Worth Every Penny

My Grandfather used to say, "Free advice is worth exactly what you've paid for it." Rock on Grandpa, you're so right.

Many people seem to be lining up to offer me free advice or pieces of sage wisdom. Here are some of my favorites thus far:

"Do everything fun now - you won't get another chance after the baby comes."

"You do realize that your house will be trashed one year from now, right?"

"You know that no Dude is going to come within a 5 mile radius of you until your kid is six." (my personal favorite)

"After this baby comes, if you want to see people they'll have to come here. You won't be able to cart a kid, a diaper bag, and all of that stuff anywhere."

"For the first 3 months you're going to ask yourself why you ruined your life, but then it slowly gets better."

I feel quite certain that the pearls of wisdom will continue to drift my way over the next few months. And then the child raising advice can begin. I wait with open ears, a blank notebook, and a match.

0 comments: